Are you a versatile, analytical thought leader with an obsessive focus on content that exceeds audience expectations? Do you thrive in a fast moving culture where experimentation is highly valued? Amazon's Customer Service Knowledge Management team is looking for a Senior Content Strategist to manage strategic initiatives for our content development team.
The Senior Content Strategist will be responsible for:
• Using a combination of data analysis, user research, benchmarking, and content audits to identify high impact opportunities for improvement across all content areas.
• Mentoring content developers to sustain a very high bar for consistently clear, concise, and trustworthy user-focused content.
• Developing, implementing, and managing urgent communication preparedness processes for the content development team.
• Using superior communication and leadership skills to establish and evangelize content standards that reflect the voice of Amazon.
• Developing and continuously interpreting metrics that assess the efficacy of content.
• Collaborating with partner teams to implement improvements in technology for content display, publication, and management, as well as author workflows.
• Leading and implementing lean content development process improvements.
• Identifying and implementing innovative strategies for content reuse across the organization.
• Creating robust, effective user feedback channels.
The ideal candidate will display an uncompromising passion for reducing user effort. S/he will be results-oriented and have the ability to take practical steps to achieve a long-term, cutting edge vision.
• MBA or Masters in a relevant field
• 7+ years of related professional experience
• Demonstrated leadership role on a content development team
• Experience with DITA and an enterprise wide CMS
• Applied knowledge of information architecture
• Background in Operational Excellence or Lean
• Demonstrated project management experience
• Experience working effectively on a cross-functional team
• Exceptional writing skills and significant experience creating and editing content
• Impressive data analysis skills and a strong bias for data-based decision making
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
• Experience with SDL TriSoft or similar CCMS
• Intermediate HTML and XML skills
• Experience effectively reusing content across channels or platforms
• Experience in SEO
• Understanding of social media in a corporate setting
• Background in Public Relations
• Experience with localization or translation management processes and tools
** For more information on career opportunities with Amazon Customer Service, please visit http://amazon.com/csjobs **