Enterprise iPad Developer
The Software Developer is responsible for all software design and implementation related to
custom developed software running on core Apple-based technology platform. The
developer will be directly responsible for developing and maintaining code for all internally and
externally developed software.
• Reviews current iPad software infrastructure and user supplied information.
• Identifies currently operated iPad applications, reviews projected growth, anticipated design
and operations procedural changes
• Leads the in-house development of capital improvements to the iPad applications.
• Manages external software development partners to ensure consistent coding standards and inhouse
body of knowledge
• Interfaces with operations relative to internal applications, product needs – makes
recommendations and facilitates chances necessary to meet business objectives
• Work with internal operations to communicate and track system dependencies.
• Configures software implementations with customized criteria tailored for specific
environment and customer needs.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Desired Education: Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering, Computer Information
Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, or Software Engineering
• Expert level knowledge of application development for both Apple MacOS and iOS software
• Minimum Experience: 10 years
This is a hands-on development position requiring the following:
• At least ten (10) years of experience in software development, with at least four years of combined
application development for MacOS and iOS platforms. Full software development lifecycle
• Expert-level proficiency in PHP or other scripted language with experience developing for Yii a
development in JQuery, and applied knowledge of Sencha Touch required.
• Active working knowledge of AJAX
• Prior experience with social media integration (e.g. Facebook Connect) a plus
• Experience coding mobile-friendly applications required
• Experience “writing for the cloud” a strong plus
• Solid understanding of Apache 1.3 and 2.0 operations and integration in a Linux/Unix
• Strong Linux systems administration skills, with preference for RedHat Linux Enterprise Server 4 or Fedora Core experience
• Development experience with the MySQL platform (v.4.1 and v.5). Exposure to database
clustering a strong plus.
• Applied knowledge of Agile methodologies (SCRUM, RUP, etc.)
• Experience working with open source tools and applications, with prior participation and
contribution in open source projects a plus.
• Deep applied knowledge of XML, XSLT, SOAP/REST, CSS, DHTML, and XHTML
• Extensive experience working within an SVN revision control environment, including heavy
experience with tagging, branching, merging and version reconciliation, as well as patch
• Prior experience with implementing automated nightly build processes
• Prior experience with performance testing tools
• Strong organizational, problem-solving and communications skills (must be able to do basic
• Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment and exhibit grace under pressure
• Ability to work effectively across teams and disciplines within the organization.