PP Ops - Auxiliary OperatorTitle: PP Ops - Auxiliary Operator
Welcome to Newmont, a leading gold producer with operations on five continents. Employing approximately 34,000 employees and contractors worldwide, Newmont operates core assets in North America, South America, Australia, Indonesia, and Ghana, with new mine projects currently being developed. Newmont is committed to high standards and leadership in the areas of environmental management and health and safety for its employees and neighboring communities.
Newmont''s four mining operations in Nevada include the Carlin Trend complex - the most prolific gold field in the Western hemisphere - located 40 miles west of Elko; the Twin Creeks mine is located 15 miles north of Golconda; the Lone Tree complex near the town of Valmy; and the Phoenix and Midas mines both located near Battle Mountain. Our Nevada properties operate as an integrated unit, and together, they boast the widest variety of processing methods, including Open Pit, Underground, and Process mining.
Safety - At Newmont, the occurrence of any injury is unacceptable. The Company invests significant resources in managing safety risks as it strives to achieve an injury-free workplace.
Environmental - The Nevada sites have won numerous awards for environmental preservation, and for restoring thousands of acres of wildlife and fish habitat.
Community - Our Nevada operations contribute money and expertise to help sustain nearby communities, improve access to health care and promote education.
Newmont provides a competitive pay and an outstanding employee benefit package that includes annual incentive bonus, comprehensive medical and dental plans including a company sponsored medical clinic, life insurance, pension plan, vacation, 401k retirement saving program, and paid holidays. This compensation package couples with an extended mine life makes Newmont a great employment opportunity.
Comply with State and Federal safety and environmental regulations and Newmont policies and procedures. Required to safely check and operate equipment and systems in support of operations and fuels departments. This position is located at Newmont''s Power Plant between Battle Mountain, NV. and Carlin, NV. Essential job duties include:
* Only operate equipment or systems for which training has been provided.
* Perform work assigned by the shift supervisor.
* Meet the Business Results Expectations and the Behavioral Expectations.
* Follow good housekeeping practices.
* Perform manual labor in support of general plant cleanup and assist other operators.
* Learn the plant systems and processes.
* Perform all workplace checks and inspections as required.
* Understand and follow instructions.
* Employees will perform other duties as directed and needed by the company to ensure optimal safe operation.
* Communicate all pertinent information during shift relief.
The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
* Train and complete Phase I of the Operations Qualification Program by demonstrating proficiency and have having it signed off by a competent person within six months of hire in date.
* Entry level, no prior experience required.